CBD has probably changed your life and your perspective on health and wellness. You use natural CBD products every day to keep alert, manage pain, help relax and stay all around on top of your game and we’re sure you’d call it out from the highest mountain top if you could. The problem is that a proper CBD routine isn’t for everybody, nor can its benefits be forced on people, no matter how well intentioned your advice on wellness and health is toward everyone you mention CBD to in casual conversation. The fact of the matter is, as much as CBD has become part of your life and you know its benefits first-hand, not everyone is going to believe how much it can change theirs. Worry not, for there are fun and unique ways you can introduce the wonders of CBD to those you care about most this holiday season.
Let’s be frank for a moment; this holiday season will be very different from any we have experienced in past years. Health officials and scientists have advised that we keep holiday gatherings to a small number of attendees, that we try to remain within our own current households and that virtual events are the safest way to interact with one another. For those adhering to these health policies, typical holiday dinners, gift exchanges and parties will be nigh impossible. There are creative ways around this, you just need some unique perspective and plenty of planning. And if everything is done correctly, you will still be able to introduce the benefits and support of a CBD lifestyle to those you care about most.
Shared CBD snacks
There are plenty of you out there who have used CBD in tasty recipes such as pastries, cakes, cookies and other such tempting sweets. This is your chance to share your treats over vast distances, or at least to nanna who lives in the next county. This may seem fairly simple, but with technology and virtual events, you can make this a fun and exciting experience for everyone.
Fair warning before you try this, discuss this with everybody involved before starting this shared gastronomic adventure. It’s important that everyone understands what they’re taking part in, and that they are all comfortable with the idea, because as much as you’d like to make everyone into a CBD convert, they have to be willing to try it in the first place. So, no sneaking CBD brownies into Uncle Randy’s diet without him knowing about it. Then when you make your CBD delectable, be cautious with the dosage. You never know how a few drops of full spectrum oil will affect your best friend Mica if they’ve never tried it before. You should let them know what kind of benefits to expect from trying a small dose of CBD, so they know what to look out for. We also suggest that you do this with cookies, they’re easier to pack, preferably in tins, and easy to mail.
Once you’ve discussed what you’ll be sharing, plan how it’ll be shared before sending anything out. Let them all know that you’d like this to be part of your holiday event this year. Plan a moment during the virtual get-together where you’d like everyone to reach for their tasty stash and enjoy a sweet moment together as a community. Tell them you’ll walk them through it as they enjoy their own batch of delicious discs and you’ll answer any questions they may have about their particular experience. Assure them that this isn’t something to get high from, walk them through the benefits you experience with CBD and that they’ll be enjoying those benefits without the worry of side effects.
Then mail out those treats, allowing for delivery times. Once everyone has their hands on your little sweet treasures, you can look forward to a moment of sharing and communion through CBD and love.
Virtual Gift Giving
This one is simple, give CBD gifts. People tend to try new things when it doesn’t cost them anything. So, what better way to introduce CBD to those who don’t yet see the value in it by sending them a lovely gift basket full of what you believe to be the most fitting CBD products for that person. Whichever lifestyle they lead, you can build the perfect gift basket for them. Tinctures for those who need help measuring their dosage, softgels for those on the go or topicals for those living a more active lifestyle.
You may also want to keep in mind that since you’re already attending a virtual holiday get together virtually for an over-the-air gift exchange. You can keep the tradition of a gift exchange alive this way. A traditional gift exchange may seem like an impossible task this year, without the ability to gather ‘round the tree as Uncle John plays Santa and you get to see the faces of friends and family light up as they open the perfect gift you’ve selected for each person, but if you organize a point during the virtual where people can open gifts on camera and share what they’ve received, you can all still experience a moment of tradition and sharing together, even it is apart.
Again, you can introduce CBD products through gifts to each person, walking them through how these gifts can affect their lifestyle and what benefits they can expect. Wrapping and delivering gifts to loved ones has never been easier. This is made even easier with the ability to order the CBD products you’d like to share online from the NYOS shop. Find what you want in our shop and have it all delivered. This makes organizing an over-the-air gift exchange quick and convenient. Have your gifts delivered ahead of time and workout a point during your virtual holiday party when everyone should be “exchanging” gifts. Just like with the sweet treats, make these plans before you start sending gifts, otherwise it won’t be just the “gift wrap goblins” who’ll spoil the fun.
CBD is a perfect way to let people know you care about them.
It’s never been easier to share a CBD lifestyle with people, as more is researched about its benefits and more people have discovered its support first-hand. This holiday season really make it about other people and share what you already know about CBD.
The holiday season can be a real challenge for those who are trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes eating nutritious foods to maintain your body at optimum levels. While we may not get away with substituting the main course with a healthier choice (tofu turkey comes to mind), there are plenty of healthy side dishes that you can prepare for your Thanksgiving feast. Because we know how busy life can get, so we put the extra effort into finding recipes that are fairly simple and easy to make.
Honey and Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
4 peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
¼ cup olive oil, extra virgin
¼ cup honey
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Set the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a single layer, layout the sweet potatoes in a cooking tray. Drizzle oil, honey, cinnamon, and lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over the potatoes. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until tender .
- Transfer potatoes to a serving platter and drizzle with more olive oil.
2 pounds carrots
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ½ tablespoons chopped dill
- Peel the carrots and cut them diagonally into ¼-inch slices. Place the carrots, ⅓ cup water in a large saute pan. Add salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and cook over medium-low heat for 7 to 8 minutes until the carrots are cooked through. Add butter and saute until the water evaporates and carrots are coated.
- Remove from heat, toss with dill, and serve.
Orange-Scented Green Beans
Peel from 1 orange
2 pounds trimmed green beans
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons fresh chives
- Bring a pan filled with 2 inches of water to a boil.
- Add orange peel and beans.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. The beans should keep their snap.
- Drain beans and return to the pan.
- Remove peel.
- Toss with butter, salt, and chives then transfer to a serving dish.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
1 pound Brussels sprouts
½ cup toasted walnuts
2 Tablespoons grated Romano cheese
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Using an adjustable blade slicer, thinly slice leaves of Brussels sprouts into a medium bowl.
- Add walnuts and cheese.
- Finely grate lemon rind into the bowl; cut the lemon in half and squeeze so that the juice is added to the bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine.
Arugula and Wild Rice Salad with Lemon Dressing
1 cup wild rice
½ cup sliced almonds
1 teaspoon of olive oil
5 ounces arugula
½ cup coarsely chopped basil
½ cup dried tart cherries or cranberries, chopped
½ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
¼ cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced
¼ teaspoon salt
- Cook wild rice until the rice is tender but still offers a light resistance to the bite. Cover and let cooked rice rest for 10 minutes, then remove lids and let the rice cool.
- Toast the almonds by warming up one teaspoon olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the almonds and pinch of salt and cook until they’re turning lightly golden and fragrant.
- Blend together dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Transfer the cooled rice to a large bowl. Add arugula, chopped basil, almonds, sour cherries, and feta.
- Pour in the dressing, toss well, and season to taste. Set aside for 10 minutes before serving to give the rice time to soak up some of the dressing.
Cranberry Maple Skillet Cornbread
1 stick unsalted butter
1 ½ cups medium grind cornmeal
1 ½ cups white or regular whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
dash of cinnamon
1 ½ cups buttermilk (room temperature)
½ cup maple syrup
1 ½ cup fresh cranberries
- Set the oven at 375 degrees and place a rack in the middle. In a 10 to 12 inch cast iron skillet, place a stick of butter and place in the oven to melt.
- Blend cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl.
- Blend together milk, eggs, and syrup in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Remove the skillet when the butter is melted and swirl to coat the skillet. Pour the melted butter into the batter, add the cranberries and stir until incorporated.
- Pour batter mixture into the skillet. Place the skillet back in the oven and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
Healthy Potato Gratin with Herbs
1 ½ tablespoon (plus a little more for the pan) extra-virgin olive oil
1 large shallot, minced
1 ½ teaspoons chopped thyme
½ teaspoon chopped rosemary
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 pounds medium red potatoes, very thinly sliced
- Set the oven at 400 degrees and oil an 8-inch round cake pan. Place parchment paper in the bottom of the pan and oil the paper.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shallots and cook at medium heat for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle in rosemary and thyme and cook for an additional minute. Pour in the chicken broth and leave on heat until the mixture begins to a boil. Cook about 10 minutes until the broth is reduced to ¾ cup .
- Arrange an overlapping layer of potato slices in the cake pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper, and spoon a small amount of reduced broth on top. Repeat the layering with the remaining potatoes. Once you have finished layering, pour any remaining broth on top.
- Cover the pan with a sheet of oiled parchment paper and then a sheet of foil. Bake the gratin until potatoes are very tender (right around an hour). Remove the foil and paper and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on. Remove the gratin from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Invert the gratin onto a heatproof plate. Carefully remove the parchment round. Broil the gratin 6 inches from the heat until the surface is lightly browned (about 2 minutes).
NYOS – Your Partner in Health
At NYOS, we understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle. That is why we only carry quality CBD products like our Premium Hemp CBD Oil Tinctures and our Premium Hemp CBD Softgels. Give us a call or order online today!
Today’s woman is a juggler. Our entire lives are a balancing act, and most of us walk the balance beam of life with grace and competence. We balance our children’s needs, our partner’s needs, and our own needs like a pro. But even the best of us have bad days, weeks, and in a year like 2020, even bad months or years. Why? Because it is not easy to take care of the world and ourselves without a few balls dropping every now and again. Unfortunately, what women tend to ignore when the going gets tough is themselves. We ignore our own well-being and health before we ignore the needs of our families. But we all need to take a breath and remember that you must put on your oxygen mask first before you can really help anyone else – and the wellness benefits of CBD can be a tremendous first step in necessary self-care.
What Is CBD?
The initials, CBD, stand for cannabidiol. Cannabidiol is a compound that is extracted from the cannabis family of plants. However, only CBD extracted from the hemp strain of the cannabis species of plant is federally legal to manufacture and sell throughout the United States, and only if that extract contains less than .3% THC. The good news is this miniscule amount of THC does not cause psychoactive side effects in our bodies.
Our bodies possess an endocannabinoid system that cannabinoids like CBD work together with. The purpose of this system is to maintain a healthy state of homeostasis or balance within the rest of our bodies. Our bodies actually produce their own cannabinoids that react to cannabinoid receptors to help regulate mood, appetite, metabolism, reproductive cycles, sleep cycles, and much more. The addition of CBD can assist our bodies in this regulation. What is even more encouraging is that CBD is not addictive like many other remedies we tend to seek, and can be used as often as needed for fast-acting, long-lasting support.
How Can CBD Benefit Women’s Health?
Here are just a few ways that CBD can help a woman balance her day more effectively.
A productive day starts with a good night’s sleep, and CBD can help with that. Taken before bedtime, studies have shown that CBD can help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer to get a truly restful night’s sleep.
There are many reasons that a woman’s mood may fluctuate – from misbehaving kids, to natural hormonal changes, to unreasonable bosses. Scientists have discovered that CBD activates the 5-HT1A serotonin receptor in the brain, which is responsible for regulating mood and other feelings like worry. Feeling more emotionally balanced promotes happiness as well as productivity, and can make lasting through rough days a little less rough.
When life’s demands are at their peak, brain fog can be a problem. Waking up feeling like your brain is out of kilter with no logical explanation or known way of alleviating this fog can make the day’s tasks seem that much more impossible. CBD oil is known to improve mental clarity and focus so that you can more effectively take on the challenges of the day.
Most of us care about our appearance. As we age, our responsibilities tend to increase, and the youthful glow of yesteryear can seem like a distant memory as the stress of caring for our families begins to show. We are beautiful inside and out, and given the choice, most of us would want our beauty to shine inside and out as well. Luckily, many retailers offer CBD infused beauty products that can help to accomplish this goal. When combined with other beneficial ingredients, these products can help reduce dark spots on our skin, even out skin tone, reduce pores, and bring a true glow back to your complexion.
Body aches are another scourge that needs to be eliminated to the greatest extent possible so that we can physically function in life. A sore back can ruin your day even when you have the best of intentions. So whether your body aches stem from over-strenuous workouts, making beds, walking in heels, chasing too many toddlers around the playground, or from natural hormonal changes that happen as we age, some type of remedy is needed. The amazing properties of CBD include the ability to effectively relieve aches in muscles and joints throughout the body without the unwanted side effects of other pain relievers.
As the day approaches its end and it’s time to enjoy the evening, some of us can have a hard time winding down and relaxing. As we try to relax, thoughts of tomorrow make an unwelcome appearance in our minds, and we can suddenly see ourselves planning and worrying about tomorrow instead of enjoying the fruits of today’s labor. We deserve to relax at the end of a stressful day, and CBD products can help turn off our mental “to do” list so that we can let go and relax in the present moment. Relaxing is not a luxury, it is a necessity if we don’t want to burn out. So take that siesta and allow CBD to help.
NYOS – For Your Health!
Today’s woman wears many hats and takes on many responsibilities. Taking time to care for yourself is not an option if you wish to make it through the long haul. For the sake of yourself and your loved ones, take the time to do what needs to be done for you. At NYOS, we’re here to be your partner in health when you need quality CBD products to assist you in your wellness journey.
Our Premium Hemp CBD Softgels with Melatonin combine CBD goodness with melatonin to help you fall asleep faster and get a more restful night’s sleep so that you are ready for anything the next day.
Our Premium Hemp CBD Softgels with Curcumin provides long-lasting relief from body aches by combining CBD with ache-fighting curcumin. When paired with our Premium Hemp CBD Salve, you can get fast-acting relief, right where you need it the most.
When it comes to pampering yourself, how about a soothing bath to take the edge off? Our new NYOS Bath Bombs are a great addition to your bathwater and will make you feel like you have a high-end spa, right in your own home.
You can conveniently order these or any of our other fabulous products from our extensive inventory online or by giving us a call, and we will deliver our premium quality CBD products right to your door!
Start treating yourself today!